By using this website, you accept the terms of this policy and expressly consent to the practices described in this policy.
In this policy, personal information means information or opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
2. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold
3. How we collect and hold your personal information
Where possible we will collect your personal information directly from you, for example if you enquire about our products and services or you enter into a contract with us. Sometimes we may collect your personal information from third parties. Those third parties include finance and insurance companies (in relation to your request for products or services) and service providers or individuals (where we conduct a credit, employment or reference check).
We may collect personal information if you voluntarily provide us with information by any means, including:
• if you fill in forms on or across our website;
• if you contact us or make an enquiry;
• if you buy a vehicle from, or book a service through, one of our dealerships;
• if you are a customer or client of one of our businesses;
• if we have a business relationship with you;
• if you apply for a position with the company or we are considering you as a contractor; and
• if it is necessary to comply with any law or regulation governing the conduct of our business.
We have security measures in place to protect your personal information whilst under our control. These measures may include:
• controlling access to our premises and systems;
• requiring our employees to comply with this policy; and
• requiring third party service providers to keep the information we provide to them confidential.
Your personal information is de-identified, deleted or destroyed securely when no longer required by us.
4. Why we collect and hold your personal information
5. Why we use and disclose your personal information
We do not give out any of your personal information to third parties except as required or authorised by law and as set out below. We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that disclosure is appropriate in order to:
• comply with the law;
• enforce our rights pursuant to any agreement we may have with you; or
• protect the rights, property or safety of the AHG Group, our customers or other third parties.
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it is provided, including:
• to provide you with products or services you have requested;
• to send you marketing and promotional information where you have consented to receive the same. In which case we will also include an opportunity to opt out of receiving such information in the future;
• to ensure the content of our site is presented in an effective manner;
• to carry out obligations arising from contracts entered into between you and us;
• to notify you about changes to our services;
• for complaints handling;
• for data analytics and market research purposes;
• to consider your application for a position; and
• to comply with a law or regulation.
We may also use and disclose your personal information for any of the above purposes where you have consented or where you would reasonably expect us to disclose that information including, for example:
• to administer a warranty or any other service;
• to notify you about changes to our services; or
• in the ordinary operation and administration of our business.
We may share your personal information with and between our subsidiaries both in Australia and New Zealand. We may disclose your personal information:
• to manufacturers, agencies and our contractors or third party service providers in Australia and New Zealand in connection with the purposes set out above;
• to manufacturers and third party service providers overseas, again in connection with the purposes set out above; or
• if we are allowed or required to by the Australian or New Zealand Privacy Principles, a court or by regulation or law.
We will only disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection.
AHG websites and digital platforms use information from your web browser (known as cookies) and information about your use of our website (known as click stream data) to help analyse how users interact with the sites and improve navigation experience. The cookie and click stream data we collect may include, for example:
• your IP address;
• your operating system and browser type;
• the date and time that you visit our website; and
• the amount of time you spend on our website.
AHG websites also use data analytic and advertising services that utilise cookies to collect information on an individual’s interests and demographics for reporting purposes, which includes anonymous information about your:
• gender; and
7. How you can access your personal information and correct it
8. Privacy complaints and enquiries
If you have a complaint or enquiry about the treatment of your personal information please contact us. It would assist us if you could indicate that you are making a “Privacy Complaint” or a "Privacy Enquiry". We will investigate your complaint and respond within 30 days setting out the steps we will take to resolve your concerns.
If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may ask the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of New Zealand (OPC) to investigate your complaint. Further information on the OAIC complaint process is available at www.oaic.gov.au. Further information on the OPC complaint process is available at www.privacy.org.nz.
9. Contact details
For privacy complaints and enquiries and to access your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing at:
• email@example.com; or
• 21 Old Aberdeen Place, West Perth, Western Australia 6005.
2. Credit Reporting
As part of our credit assessment process and ongoing account management in Australia, AHG may disclose Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information to Equifax. Equifax may be contacted at PO Box 964, North Sydney, NSW 2059. Or via their website: www.equifax.com.au/contact-us
As part of our credit assessment process and ongoing account management in New Zealand, AHG may disclose Credit Information and Credit Eligibility Information to Equifax. Equifax may be contacted at Private Bag 92156, Auckland Mail Centre, Auckland NZ 1142. Or via their website: www.equifax.co.nz/contact
3. The kinds of personal information we may disclose
4. How you can access your personal credit eligibility information and correct it
5. Privacy complaints
If you have a complaint about the treatment of your personal information please contact us in writing. It would assist us if you could indicate that you are making a “Privacy Complaint”. We will investigate your complaint and respond within 30 days setting out the steps we will take to resolve your concerns. If you are not satisfied with the outcome you may ask the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) or the Office of the Privacy Commissioner NZ (OPC) to investigate your complaint. Further information on the OAIC complaint process is available at www.oaic.gov.au.
Further information on the OPC complaint process is available at www.privacy.org.nz.
6. How to contact us for issues concerning privacy
7. Overseas disclosure of credit information